Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting glass mosiac tile with angle grinder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MTiler

You can use a diamond blade suitable for glass, the finer the better (I use a Bisazza blade). If possible use a variable speed grinder or a cordless one, because the lesser speed of those grinders dont put as much pressure on the glass. Hold the mosaics in place with a grout float in case you slip.
Dont try and cut them in one go as theyre more likely to shatter. Run over them initially making a grove for a guide and then gradually work through them.

N

NZ_Tiler

scribe and snap is fairly easy, use this tool to scribe a row, guide it against a ruler to make it a straight line, then sandwhich one side of the mosaic between two blocks(scribed surface facing up), push down on the otherside and it snaps cleanly down the scribe. You may need to run a knife through the mesh still
cut-snap.jpg

Reply to Cutting glass mosiac tile with angle grinder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being tasked with by customers. Up to now, I've been cutting the 1200mm length with angle grinder/diamond...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.