Discuss Cutting glass mosiac tile with angle grinder in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

daviddls12

help!!!! can i cut glass mosiac tiles with an angle grinder? If so what blade should i use?

M

MTiler

You can use a diamond blade suitable for glass, the finer the better (I use a Bisazza blade). If possible use a variable speed grinder or a cordless one, because the lesser speed of those grinders dont put as much pressure on the glass. Hold the mosaics in place with a grout float in case you slip.
Dont try and cut them in one go as theyre more likely to shatter. Run over them initially making a grove for a guide and then gradually work through them.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
bucket of clean water for dipping hands in after cutting for me as well...i find it helps with any tiny fragments of glass etc coming off

N

NZ_Tiler

scribe and snap is fairly easy, use this tool to scribe a row, guide it against a ruler to make it a straight line, then sandwhich one side of the mosaic between two blocks(scribed surface facing up), push down on the otherside and it snaps cleanly down the scribe. You may need to run a knife through the mesh still
cut-snap.jpg

T

The D

[video=youtube;A4Z3WTHQXw8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Z3WTHQXw8&feature=context&context=C33175 36ADOEgsToPDskJiyAwR4c07gckNj1BCGpvi[/video] a rubi will also do the job :prrr:

M

Mike

i've been using my mini sigma for cutting mosaics on my latest job and to my surprise it does them with ease. i seen a demo on a montolit (with the rubber mat) a few years ago and that looked good too. i usually use a good glass blade on my grinder though.

M

Mike

the ones i've been cutting on the sigma are 50mm, i guess the 15mm ones are a bit more fiddly to cut

Reply to Cutting glass mosiac tile with angle grinder in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay