Search the forum,

Discuss cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

i went back to a house yesterday to finish siliconing where i done the en-suite last week and i had a count up of tiles on the walls , 230 tiles and only 32 were full tiles :yikes: nearly 200 cut or drilled. it wasn't due to bad planning it was large tiles (500 x 300) and quite a bit of boxing to tile. good job i done it on day rate :smilewinkgrin:

E

enduro

i went back to a house yesterday to finish siliconing where i done the en-suite last week and i had a count up of tiles on the walls , 230 tiles and only 32 were full tiles :yikes: nearly 200 cut or drilled. it wasn't due to bad planning it was large tiles (500 x 300) and quite a bit of boxing to tile. good job i done it on day rate :smilewinkgrin:

Thats why it is called a pay cut..lol

G

Gall.B

Its getting ridiculous now with sizes, my wee sigma 33cm was used 95% of the time until a few year ago! now we are doing shower cubicles and if yo centre the back wall for big cuts theres no full tiles, mental. showrooms should do more to educate punters with design and size etc imo.

I

Ian

Funnily enough Mike I had a job last month in 600x400 trav, 90 tiles to do the job, only 10 whole. Luckily for me where I was cutting wasn't far from the bathroom.

M

Mike

Funnily enough Mike I had a job last month in 600x400 trav, 90 tiles to do the job, only 10 whole. Luckily for me where I was cutting wasn't far from the bathroom.
i had just enough room to use my sigma on my workmate in the en-suite but had to go outside to do any wet cuts, slowed the job right down.

S

Stewart

Did a kitchen splash back last year with 600 x 600 polished porcelain... There wasn't one whole tile!

R

Rich

I used 900x300 in a tiny little bathroom with 0 full tiles last year. Dont mind using them but its when the walls are all over the place and the customer will not listen that I get angry.

G

Gazzer

And the customers says it should be cheaper as there aren't that many tiles to fix :mad2:

D

Deleted member 1779

yep we often get sent tiles with complicated drilling patterns send to us.

commercial_tile.jpg

Because the tiles are now so big its often possible to have to drill nearly ten holes into a single tile.
So a lot of people send them into us.

tiles12mm2.jpg

Tiles are now so big that installers send them in to us to be pre-drilled prior to fitting.

Reply to cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen