Search the forum,

Discuss cuts with wet saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

smokey1234x

any1 hav this problem
the cuts u do with wet saw u dry it with a rag just stick it with addy on wall, need 2 tak it off for a bit of back butter,then realise the addy didnt stick 2 tile with red dust from the cut on the wet cutter.
when u cut a tile in wet it still will b damp when the addy goes on or u would b there all day

G

grumpygrouter

Can't sasy that I have had that problem, but I do wipe down both sides of my tiles after cutting.

Grumpy

F

frogeye

I have used wet cutters on my home projects and used the tiles almost straight away. They haven't dropped off yet, however, when I did my course and after finishing each project it came to remove the tiles, I was very suprised at how little adhesive had stuck to the tile. I would suggest that it is only a small coverage on the back of my wet cut tiles in my kitchen, but mostly the grout that is holding the tiles on.

In future I will be planning my wet cuts as far in advance as I can and giving them some serious drying time - how long I don't know, but at least I have seen the results of using wet tiles. I will put them by a heat source eg a radiator - any thoughts?

frogeye

S

smokey1234x

not sure if its because the tile is still damp when addy is on it,think its more de do with the orange dirty water that be's in the wet cutter after a lot of cuts

S

smokey1234x

wet cuts

1 simple question, when all u's tilers out there do a wet cut do u stick tile 2 wall right away with a simple wipe with clothe or do u wait till tile is 100% dry

just wondering

D

DHTiling

Dry it off and backskim the tile and it sticks no probs....wet tiles wont stick to dispersion adhesives very well....

G

GazTech

If you clean the dirty water of with sponge and then dry with old towel....tile back is ready......Gaz
If you fail to prepare...then prepare to fail.

R

ryanbrown

If the back of the tile is getting saturated i think that probally means too much water in the cutter. A thinnish stripe on the back shouuld be ok to work with straight away after drying with a rag. If more than - I wouuld say 25% - of the back of tile is getting soaked then you probally need less water in the cutter and also dry the surface of the cutter in between cuts so your not sliding it through water.
----
p.s have you taken the guide of the cutter?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

If the back of the tile is getting saturated i think that probally means too much water in the cutter. A thinnish stripe on the back shouuld be ok to work with straight away after drying with a rag. If more than - I wouuld say 25% - of the back of tile is getting soaked then you probally need less water in the cutter and also dry the surface of the cutter in between cuts so your not sliding it through water.
----
p.s have you taken the guide of the cutter?
You ain't never used a Rubi DW250N then Ryan mate. It absolutely soaks the tile and the water bath holds about 40lts of water! You just have to wipe off when done. More of a problem with ceramic than porcelain of course as porcelain doesn't absorb water!

Grumpy

G

grumpygrouter

I smokey using a rubidw250n though?
Don't know mate but that wasn't the point I was trying to get over. Doesn't really matter what the cutter is, you should dry off the tiles as best you can before fixing. just need to make sure you have plenty of dry(ish) cloths or sponges to clean as best you can after cutting.:thumbsup:

Grumpy

D

DHTiling

Cloth's grumpy..hhhhmmmmm.....that's why my sweat shirt gets wet and dirty then....:lol: ...

Reply to cuts with wet saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen