Search the forum,

Discuss customer added work on and refuses to pay more than initial quote after work has begu in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tiler tom

Re: customer added work on and refuses to pay more than initial quote after work has

Could you not explain to him that you want paying for the floor he is happy with as you have overheads and that until you are paid you are not prepared to do the kitchen and you could blag him by saying that you could make sure that every other local tiler was informed of the situation and they were not prepared to undertake it either.

Tom :thumbsup:

C

chappy

Re: customer added work on and refuses to pay more than initial quote after work has

hi, this is a ****y situation, i myself have been in a few times, years ago, the 1st time was i layed a 35m2 terracotta floor, to perfection, sealed and waxed the customer was over the moon, said that they would pay cash the next day, i went to receive payment and they refused, saying there was a mark on the floor, BULL**** the floor was spotless when i left it, they continued to refuse payment, i proceeded to return to my van and go back into the kitchen with a tin of black gloss paint, and told the littel **** if he didnt pay the floor was gona be proper ****( edited), HE PAYED!!!

in your case, you have to make it clear that u are a sole trader, with a family to feed and you are more than happy to be paid for works completed to their satisfaction, and that its not ur fault if the kitchen has been held up, u only want paid for what u have done, people think we are ok to wait for payment as most big companys will wait, they dont understand that we cant, you should kindly remind them of that!!!
good luck mate

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

This post started Feb, Hope he got his money

Reaction score

Nah, just get your nailgun out and tell him you've done this before... once :thumbsup:

I would just show him a pic of you Fekin and say if you don't pay then I will get this thing onto you. That will prob give him a heart attack!! (Forum pic that is mate) :lol:

D

Daveyboy

Quotes are never a good idea; I tend to do estimates and the moment the job changes (more time, tiling, delays, etc) I tell the client and make sure he/she agrees the extra costs before continuing. Also, on the big jobs (over £500), I ask for a deposit and stage payments so that I am never left out of pocket. If your quote said payment on completion of work then legally you haven't got much chance in court. Your client may well pay up when you finish; if you go back, tell him you want paying when you finish and in cash. If he doesn't agree, start removing the tiling you have already done. Good luck! David

M

MICK the Tiler

G'Day and welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

F

Fekin

I would just show him a pic of you Fekin and say if you don't pay then I will get this thing onto you. That will prob give him a heart attack!! (Forum pic that is mate) :lol:

Or just bite the sod :lol:

L

LM Ceramics

hello and welcome to the forums 7 months later but who cares

J

justinisaac

People like that are fortunately fairly uncommon. Try looking into taking it to the small claims court. A plumber who I know sends a reminder out after 1 week and if that doesn't work he tells them he's doing just that. Get litigious on them - works every time!
Justin

Reply to customer added work on and refuses to pay more than initial quote after work has begu in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen