Search the forum,

Discuss Crack mat or cement board in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Got a 100m2 floor to do in 900x900 , floor is chipboard with underfloor heating below, floor is very sturdy no deflection, I've always thought dura base matting more for screed and cement boards for wooden floors.
Which is best option to go with for belt and braces

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
In the UK it'd be...

Chipboard needs replacing with marine ply 19mm minimum. Screwed at 300mm centres, noggins need adding under the ply where 300mm meets nothing underneath. It really needs strengthening first even with a matting down given there's UFH underneath. I assume it's Water UFH?

However in the USA TMG would be the guy. :)

Reply to Crack mat or cement board in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I'm about to start on an upstairs wetroom. There will be wet underfloor heating going in via...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen