Search the forum,

Discuss CornerTape used by the winner of the Tile and stone show tilling competition in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Have a word with CTD they do discounts for it, and think about how long it takes to do your silicone work currently, i.e how long it takes to clean up the smudges, kitchen towel costs or wonder wipes. How long does it take to apply the silicone in the first place.

We do understand what you are saying but you to have to sometimes look at things at a slightly different angle sometimes to see the benefits, you will find them.

best regards
Andy

I will contact them and get some and give it a try. I think any new tilers starting up should try and use this, because you will find it will make it so easy for you guys. And well done Andy for helping the the lads in the competition. :thumbsup:

T

Turkish

It seems to me to be all in the prep and then application. I realised i hadn`t been doing either correctly which is why i had problems so i will be giving it another try!

Turkish

W

wetdec

Never mind...i thought that young lad( stephen ellliot) might have won..who came second last year......

The winner deserved it hands down, there were various designs all of merit including the winner. Where the winner wasnt the best design in my opinion it included a perfect circle, no messing it was the dogs probably the best I have ever seen.

His cutter ability was shear !!

tiler

W

wetdec

@ Fred not sure m8 was in an envelope I think

Ye the bust was cool but there wasnt much else was there took him all day to do that was very clever

tiler

B

Big-Smudge

Never mind...i thought that young lad( stephen ellliot) might have won..who came second last year......

Hi Dave,

Stephen came 3rd this year and he was the other guy that used cornertape.

Best regards
Andy

B

Big-Smudge

It seems to me to be all in the prep and then application. I realized i hadn`t been doing either correctly which is why i had problems so i will be giving it another try!

Turkish

Hi Turkish,

Thats great. Like i said to many people at the show the most important thing about the application of silicone (whether or not you use CT) is to make sure that the surfaces have been DE-GREASED correctly with Ethanol.

We were a bit nieve when when started out with CT as we believed that it was common practice (like in Norway) to prep the joints correctly......So not only do we have to educate people about CT but we now also have to remind people of the best practice of :hurray:preparation.:hurray:

Best regards
Andy.

D

Deleted member 1779

I'm not sure what the first prize was this year.

Last year it was a van.

We co-sponsored the event and supplied BFKMX-s but I didnt bring any advertising logos for the space so missed the boat!

I thought the organisers were going to do it.

Its always good to see your product in use so corner tape is in the front line!

(Did you get any pictures - or no time?) I forgot !

Reply to CornerTape used by the winner of the Tile and stone show tilling competition in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen