Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss CornerTape used by the winner of the Tile and stone show tilling competition in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Big-Smudge

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that BOTH the WINNER and the 3rd place tiler both used CT to finish of their bays. Here's the story,

The tiling competition ran over Sunday and Monday with just 1 hour allowed on Tuesday to finish off any snags.

On Monday afternoon 2 of the tilers taking part came to see us on the our stand and asked us about the cornertape product, we gave a demo and showed them what it was. They both said that they would like to use it on the Tuesday morning to finish of their bays as both of them didn't want to make a mess of their hard work and spoil what were both fantastic designs by getting the silicone wrong (as most good tilers don't either).

I asked them to come back and meet me on our stand just before the show started on the Tuesday morning so they could have a couple of goes with the CT (about 1-2metres each). They then both went back to their bays and used CornerTape to do the silicone.

CornerTape are very proud to have helped the Winner and the 3rd place guy, and it stands as a testiment to the ease of use of CT and the quality finish.

So there you have it, 2 exceptionally talented professional tilers using cornertape to finish a job off perfectly....... Don't leave quality to chance anymore - use CornerTape to do the job properly the first time.

Oh yes and i forgot to mention that the guy that came in 2nd place, he came over to our stand after the competition was over also to check out CORNERTAPE too.

Best regards
Andy@CT:grin:

T

Turkish

Nice one Andy, thanks for the tips when i came to see you on Monday, really helpful!

Turkish

E

enduro

I came to your stand on Sunday, and your colleague gave me a demonstration, it is a very good idea and i was impressed...But its the cost it would put onto a bathroom i think would be the problem, i know it would really finish the job off but with the economic climate the way it is, its another additional cost. But a very good product. :thumbsup:

B

Big-Smudge

I came to your stand on Sunday, and your colleague gave me a demonstration, it is a very good idea and i was impressed...But its the cost it would put onto a bathroom i think would be the problem, i know it would really finish the job off but with the economic climate the way it is, its another additional cost. But a very good product. :thumbsup:

Have a word with CTD they do discounts for it, and think about how long it takes to do your silicone work currently, i.e how long it takes to clean up the smudges, kitchen towel costs or wonder wipes. How long does it take to apply the silicone in the first place.

We do understand what you are saying but you to have to sometimes look at things at a slightly different angle somtimes to see the benifits, you will find them.

best regards
Andy

D

DHTiling

Never mind...i thought that young lad( stephen ellliot) might have won..who came second last year......

E

enduro

Have a word with CTD they do discounts for it, and think about how long it takes to do your silicone work currently, i.e how long it takes to clean up the smudges, kitchen towel costs or wonder wipes. How long does it take to apply the silicone in the first place.

We do understand what you are saying but you to have to sometimes look at things at a slightly different angle sometimes to see the benefits, you will find them.

best regards
Andy

I will contact them and get some and give it a try. I think any new tilers starting up should try and use this, because you will find it will make it so easy for you guys. And well done Andy for helping the the lads in the competition. :thumbsup:

T

Turkish

It seems to me to be all in the prep and then application. I realised i hadn`t been doing either correctly which is why i had problems so i will be giving it another try!

Turkish

W

wetdec

Never mind...i thought that young lad( stephen ellliot) might have won..who came second last year......

The winner deserved it hands down, there were various designs all of merit including the winner. Where the winner wasnt the best design in my opinion it included a perfect circle, no messing it was the dogs probably the best I have ever seen.

His cutter ability was shear !!

tiler

Reply to CornerTape used by the winner of the Tile and stone show tilling competition in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks