Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial Tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have been asked to tender for a couple of jobs that i have decent chance of getting. They are in the Manchester/Liverpool area. It involves about 100m2 of tiling, mostly walls, premier tiles, (20m2 floor). Now when i got in contact with the guy i know at the company i told him i usually as a standard work to a rate of 25/m2 for walls and 30/m2 for floors. These are just starting figures and whatever the size/spec of the job I then change accordingly.
So now its looking like i am getting these jobs and he has come back to me looking for prices according to the size/spec provided and i am thinking about £2300. I have come down a wee bit but i don't want to be like the desperado although i do need a foot in the door here. It could lead to a lot of tiling.
What my problem is, is that being up in Scotland (will be Leeds next month) and not doing loads of commercial stuff i am not sure what the going rates are for commercial work down south and that i maybe too cheap or too dear.
An idea from the more experienced guys would be appreciated.
Cheers

D

doug boardley

I don't think you're to dear, what you have to be careful about on some commercial jobs is the retention fees, main contractor fees etc. At the end of the day tho' you charge to suit the cut of your cloth (or whatever the saying is!):yes:

Reply to Commercial Tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen