Currently reading:
Commercial Tiling

Discuss Commercial Tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I have been asked to tender for a couple of jobs that i have decent chance of getting. They are in the Manchester/Liverpool area. It involves about 100m2 of tiling, mostly walls, premier tiles, (20m2 floor). Now when i got in contact with the guy i know at the company i told him i usually as a standard work to a rate of 25/m2 for walls and 30/m2 for floors. These are just starting figures and whatever the size/spec of the job I then change accordingly.
So now its looking like i am getting these jobs and he has come back to me looking for prices according to the size/spec provided and i am thinking about £2300. I have come down a wee bit but i don't want to be like the desperado although i do need a foot in the door here. It could lead to a lot of tiling.
What my problem is, is that being up in Scotland (will be Leeds next month) and not doing loads of commercial stuff i am not sure what the going rates are for commercial work down south and that i maybe too cheap or too dear.
An idea from the more experienced guys would be appreciated.
Cheers

Reply to Commercial Tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.