Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial Quotes do's and donts? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

cmdceramics

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Ive got to provide a quote for a very big building contractor and am wondering what I should put in the email? obviously the specifics of the job will be on there but what else should I provide? liability insurance policy number? company registration number? anything else anyone can think of?? Thanks for all your help guys and gals.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Any prep work to be done by others, lighting, storage areas, make sure you list anything you have not priced for as done by others. On the prep work for walls/ floors, quote BS5385 Curing and dying periods, for substrates, the more you get in there the better. Main one interim payments, main contractors discount, retention etc.:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put your public liability number on there, for the sake of the customers (or contractors) making claims before you've even heard about the issue. You keep that to yourself but mention you're covers for X million for wall and floor tiling and / or plumbing or whatever else. And don't do jobs you're not covered for!

But as said, payment terms would probably be the main thing. If jobs go on for months, you want regular payments at various stages. If material doesn't arrive and you're on the job with nothing to do, I'd come up with a rate for that - so they know they have to be on the ball with materials and whatnot.

I'd also state that late payment may incur a premium, though often the best way to manage this is to do it the other way around, so they have a price X and if it's paid by date Y you'll give them a discount of Z (matching your normal price in the end but getting your payment on time. If it's not on time, they have to pay the premium price).

That sort of stuff.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
As above plus cover yourself with a day rate for non fixing works, prep work etc. Is power supplied by main contractor etc, in other words, anything that is not a case of fixing a tile, cover yourself, weekly meetings to attend ? it's all time off the job.

Reply to Commercial Quotes do's and donts? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen