Search the forum,

Discuss Codex . 95% moisture adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

I see codex have a product where they claim you can tile anhydrate screeds up to 95 % moisture content .

H

hmtiling

Did it give any more info? As in if it's a system like the other one or just an adhesive?

F

Flintstone

36D84B01-B397-4892-92C1-466B695AC552.jpeg

D

Dumbo

Gave it a quick read but I think it' a couple of primers then normal adhesive ( cement based I think ) . Talking to a codex rep once and they are not keen on gypsum adhesives .

O

One Day

I still want to know what happens to all that moisture which gets stuck under the primers with these type of systems...

D

Dumbo

Very slow controlled release out of the surface and through the grout, mark
How is that going to work with a topical sealer on stone . Norcross couldn't really give me a satisfactory answer when I saw their reps back a while

F

Flintstone

Through the grout?. I suspect these products haven’t been put through there paces with all materials and situations.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This has been around for a while now. Norcross also do one called pro gypbase

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I still want to know what happens to all that moisture which gets stuck under the primers with these type of systems...

It will escape eventually but is effectively trapped. These systems work by changing the nature of the screed surface making it harder and stronger so that it is not affected by the moisture. They also prevent the migration of moisture borne sulphates so are not prone to ettringite failure. I have not seen this one used personally but the norcross system works exceptionaly well and has been approved for use on GYPSOL screed which is the UK leading anhydrite screed by a long way.

Reply to Codex . 95% moisture adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen