Search the forum,

Discuss Club Dancefloor - tiles going to be up to the job? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score

oh come on john!!
are you seriously trying to tell me that when you were knocking out all those disco moves in the 70's, you never once caught your high heels on a proud ridge of slate???

don't try denying it because i have the evidence? Please excuse the accent on the vid,
you will not be able to understand it because it geordie :confused:

This is pure gold! I don't even know Mr timeless but I could see big John strutting his stuff to this!

To the o.p, notice they aren't dancing on a slate floor....

Back to the post, slate is arguably the worst tile to use! Printed slate on paper mashy would offer of a solid substrate. I would personally walk away, I have lost count over the years to the amount of times I have recommended against something and the builder/plumber/ home owner has said it will be 'orite'. Sorry it's a no from me. It will be 'orite' until I am being taken to court for a bad job..... bye now!

£300 gained today is 3 grand paid back tomorrow, definitely not worth the risk. If you did go for it, I would draft up a waiver stating you recommend against it. Client said no and accepts any liability or claims against the work, as they didn't follow your prep work or advice....

Reply to Club Dancefloor - tiles going to be up to the job? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen