Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning messy tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I must admit I am not the best keeping my tools in pristine condition especially my notched trowels, i clean mine up with a carborundum stone i have a floor layers one with a handy handle, a couple of rubs with that and they are as good as new

S

Spud

a labourer or an apprentice are great for cleaning your tools ?! :8:
If i leave it to mine I need new trowels on a weekly basis, cant tell you how many times i have found brand new ardex sponges left in grout water and buckets with hard adhesive in them ,i make sure i do my own now as I got fed up bollocking them last year :mad2:

A

Aston

gary, the money you make mate, you can afford to buy new tools weekly along with egyptian real estate ..:thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

Its not very often I have dirty tools, I always clean them but on the odd occasion over the last 20 years that I have forgetten to clean them I have used my 3" grinder, takes 5 minutes. Wear eye and ear protection because its loud.

:oops:

R

Rob Z

Vin, how about trying a palm sander with various grits?

I just found one of my Marshalltown margin trowels covered with hardened thinset...one of us forgot to clean it. GGRRRRR :mad2::mad2:

Reply to Cleaning messy tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen