Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning messy tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I must admit I am not the best keeping my tools in pristine condition especially my notched trowels, i clean mine up with a carborundum stone i have a floor layers one with a handy handle, a couple of rubs with that and they are as good as new

S

Spud

a labourer or an apprentice are great for cleaning your tools ?! :8:
If i leave it to mine I need new trowels on a weekly basis, cant tell you how many times i have found brand new ardex sponges left in grout water and buckets with hard adhesive in them ,i make sure i do my own now as I got fed up bollocking them last year :mad2:

A

Aston

gary, the money you make mate, you can afford to buy new tools weekly along with egyptian real estate ..:thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

Its not very often I have dirty tools, I always clean them but on the odd occasion over the last 20 years that I have forgetten to clean them I have used my 3" grinder, takes 5 minutes. Wear eye and ear protection because its loud.

:oops:

R

Rob Z

Vin, how about trying a palm sander with various grits?

I just found one of my Marshalltown margin trowels covered with hardened thinset...one of us forgot to clean it. GGRRRRR :mad2::mad2:

Reply to Cleaning messy tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen