Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Chipping Tile with Erbauer ERB337TCB in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

lenovo1983

I am trying to cut 600x600 gloss porcelain tiles with an electric tile cutter from Screwfix but there are continuous chips along the cute edge.

I'm using plenty of water

It is a new cutter, as supplied with the machine (Although it isn't sharp to touch)

I feed the tiles through very slowly.

I've covered the cutting location with tape

I've tried cutting with the finished side up and down.

There is about 0.5 - 1mm wobble on the cutting disc - could this be the issue?

Thanks for any help, I'm getting really frustrated now.

W

White Room

Do you have a manual cutter for the porcelain, you could try a better blade for the wet cutter.

L

lenovo1983

Do you have a manual cutter for the porcelain, you could try a better blade for the wet cutter.

Just tried a new blade and it made no difference. Not tried a manual cutter - if I get one is it likely to work on thick porcelain tiles?

L

lenovo1983

There's allways that option...

I swapped the tile saw today due to the blade wobble. The one I have still has a bit of wobble but much less. The cut is now much better but not perfect. Will be hiring a manual Rubi cutter next weekend and keeping the saw for the awkward cuts.

Reply to Chipping Tile with Erbauer ERB337TCB in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks