Search the forum,

Discuss Chinese Slate sealing before grouting? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi Guys just a quick query if any one could give some advice please.
i have a small project of about roughly 3 or 4 sq metres of chinese slate to put down in a little cloakroom.
After i lay it on rapid set adhesive whats the best step for sealing before grouting?
Do I seal the whole tile ? Or do i try to keep the sealer away from the tile edges at this point?
Will the sealer prevent the grout from bonding to the slate if the sealer goes down the edges of the tile?
Obviously will be cleaning tile before sealing and applying sealer again over everything after grouting etc.
I will be using Lithofin Slate Seal.
Many Thanks

Reaction score
the slate needs to be clean and dry after fixing , then you can seal before grouting , all instructions should be on the tin...
Many thanks for reply.
Do i need to keep sealer away from tile edges before grouting though?
Thanks again

Reply to Chinese Slate sealing before grouting? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen