Currently reading:
Chinese Slate sealing before grouting?

Discuss Chinese Slate sealing before grouting? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi Guys just a quick query if any one could give some advice please.
i have a small project of about roughly 3 or 4 sq metres of chinese slate to put down in a little cloakroom.
After i lay it on rapid set adhesive whats the best step for sealing before grouting?
Do I seal the whole tile ? Or do i try to keep the sealer away from the tile edges at this point?
Will the sealer prevent the grout from bonding to the slate if the sealer goes down the edges of the tile?
Obviously will be cleaning tile before sealing and applying sealer again over everything after grouting etc.
I will be using Lithofin Slate Seal.
Many Thanks

Reply to Chinese Slate sealing before grouting? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement