Search the forum,

Discuss Ceramic Tiles on Floor Boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

McP77

Would also mix up half a bag/bottle or even a third at a time rather than the whole lot.

P

petergft

I'm beginning to grow in confidence! is it also necessary to screw the floorboards down and, if so at what centre's ? Should spacers be used on cut tiles against the walls? What impliment is best for for cleaning out gaps?

D

DHTiling

You will only be able to screw the boards down where they meet the joists.... so these will be about 400mm to 450m centres... so make sure all boards are well screwed down and any damaged ones replaced......just use a sponge to wash excess of you go ..dont leave any f/flex to dry on surface of tiles or wil be a swine to remove............dave..

E

enduro

Also if you want white or ivory floor grout use a white adhesive, if grey grout use grey adhesive.

P

petergft

The Grout I'm using is Tilemaster Flexible Wide Joint Grout for Ceramic floors,Grey is this OK?
Does Fastflex come in differing colours?

M

McP77

Grout will be fine.

Fastflex powder comes in grey and white. White is a lot more expensive.

P

petergft

McP77,
Thanks for your reply and, advise. I'm still screwing floorboards down (carefully) to ensure the base is firm as can be. Should boards then be coated in Bal Bond?

M

McP77

Boards should be primed with 2 coats of BAL APD. Second coat at right angles to the first

P

petergft

Thanks, Oh my knee's !!!!
----
Bal APD ? how soon after applying can you cmmence Tiling? How much downward pressure should I exert on the Tiles when laying?
Thanks,
Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
M

McP77

You can commence tiling when the APD has dried.

You need to apply the tiles with a twisting motion as well as downward. The object is to get 100% coverage. Best thing is to put one down, then lift it up again to check coverage. If you're getting 100% you've got the technique.

(As for knees don't normally have too much problem. Having a week's break and one of them has started playing up. What's that about then?)

Reply to Ceramic Tiles on Floor Boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen