Search the forum,

Discuss carpet to tile thresholds for high tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

roly

hi

i've just tiles my bathroom (diyer) and want a threshold between the tiles and carpet on the landing. i wanted to use one of the zigzag z bar thresholds but see they only are good upto 9mm thick and i have no-more-ply adhesive and tiles giving me a floor thickness of about 15mm. what do you pro's use as a threshold in situations like this and where can i get them? i would prefer to use a zigzag type if possible.

any advice appreciated

roland

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Transition bars go to "up to" 15mm

Either that.......or a hardwood threshold bar. Made to measure.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Wickes do a threshold that should do 15mm. Ignore the self adhesive strip though.. Just drill and countersink some holes into it, and screw to floorboards. ;)

R

roly

cheers guys that's a big help. i might try packing it with the nmp then thanks for the tip. failing that i'll try wickes for a higher z bar when i'm going past it next week.

thanks again :)

Reply to carpet to tile thresholds for high tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen