Currently reading:
Can you resin fill ceramic mitres

Discuss Can you resin fill ceramic mitres in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

hi all can anyone advise me on is it ok to resin fill mitred ceramic subway if so any tips would be appreciated as this will be my first time using this method.also is this the right product to use ,think trim is ugly
image.jpg

You only need trim when walls cannot be straightened ie external corners,no one mitres
cuts these days just as ugly as trim, and tiles that have glazed edges dont seem to exist anymore.
The only option left is to colour in the tile edge
using acrylic paint.This method gives the tiling a natural look.Trim dates a job where as no trim
keeps the natural look.

I've never tried it with ceramics. I think you might see the glaze/biscuit line?
Worth a shot though I'd say.
I've only ever resin filled full-bodied porcelain and more lately, thin porcelains.
Turned out ok for a first timer lol you were right the biscuit started to show so had to sand lightly

FC82A54E-032E-48F5-8575-91FDE995EB0C.jpeg C3A2BE2D-CE7D-405B-8535-D63823D3E89A.jpeg 2E1DFE5B-912A-4366-BE45-FCD49322A0A7.jpeg

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Love this...
Can you run through the process please?
Vanity frame was made out of wood and ply. I took measurements for limestone, allowing for mitres. Stuck 1 inch masking tape to edge where mitres are (on face of panel ). First fitted top piece using clear silicone, then all other pieces on silicone , but at the same time with plenty of cream stone glue on mitred part. (Have to push two panels really tide ,so excess stone glue will come out and masking tape will protect face of stone ). When all pieces glued together, just use polisher starting with pads 120, then 220 and 400( depend on stone finish. For high polished marble, you would need to go up to 1000 ) . And when all polishing is done , seal stone with stain stop.

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
D

Dumbo

Just noticed, you didn't continue brick pattern on window return, is there any reason?. Also looks like there are two windows in your photos , and they are slightly different level? one is lower then other?
Brick bond , give you that but horses for courses. But as to window heights look where the first bed joint runs against the plastic window frame . The only way he could of made those the same height is by refitting the window .

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Brick bond , give you that but horses for courses. But as to window heights look where the first bed joint runs against the plastic window frame . The only way he could of made those the same height is by refitting the window .
Okay, then second window could have been done full tile against the plastic window frame. Obviously that is window fitters fault :)), didn't have laser level....Tiler did lovely job :)

I asked the customer if he wanted to continue the brick bond into the window but he wanted a full tile I wanted to I regret not doing it now lol
The full tile should have gone against the window balls lol should have picked that up but I think I was trying for it to match the other sill. Dnt think iv done that bad to say my trade is plumbing and heating do tiling evening and weekends

Reply to Can you resin fill ceramic mitres in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement