Currently reading:
businesss cards have arrived today!

Search the forum,

Discuss businesss cards have arrived today! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

You're gonna have to go in one day. So get going..

Go in and have a chat. They're all usually friendly. Make out that you're pricing up some tiles or materials for a job, get the chat going. Look at a few displays, ask what brands they stock (Bal, Mapei/Ultra etc), tell them you're new and getting going and that you'll be using them in the future.. they'll be fine with you.

Dish out some cards, don't expect the calls straight away though.

My tip is to always keep cards in your pocket, for when you bump into people - everyone is a potential customer, pals, family, bloke in the pub... anyone

G

Gazzer

Personally I wouldn't bother with tile shops yet, you dont have the experience.
Even when you have its a lottery, they will say they will hand your cards out but until you prove to be a good customer to them they wont. Most of the local shops her have favourites and then there are lots of cards. I went into Topps recently for a client and while waiting for the order I am sure I counted 20 different cards for tilers.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

SORRY mr tiler ,but cards are a waste of time in general ! i know you are exited by the fact that its the first time prob's that you have seen your name in light's so to speak , but lets look at it from the experienced in life side of thing's anyone can even go to a machine and have a card printed saying anything, so what does that prove to anybody!! about your tiling Nothing !! i never wast my time with all the card thing, even most peeps that do give me there cards now i BIN, sorry if this upsets you just trying to bring you down to earth, otherwise you will spend lots of time dishing them out to everyone and 90% will end -up in the bin, get a web-site , and advertise in local rag, regularly , print-up a letter of introduction and send them out to builders, architects,kitchen fitters,conservatory company s , anyone you think needs a tiler. BUT you must have something that set you apart from the others like an offer 30% reduction for the first three jobs, good luck mate !! you are going to need it..........

G

Gazzer

Oh I do that too with my local shop. The lads aint that bothered but I know the boss dont like it.....good job he didnt know about me having all that Tilemaster freebie stuff deleivered to them :smilewinkgrin:. I know he went ape when my brother had his Tradetiler delivery sent to the shop ( his wife works there)nthe boss was screaming down the phone at Dave Neave like a big girl I heard :lol:

Reply to businesss cards have arrived today! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers? I'll tell you a funny story about how I got a job with Topps Tiles Newcastle and got top sales...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei suggested using Primer G before tiling with keraflex maxi s1. They did not recommend using SBR for some...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement