Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Book Match Porcelain Veins in the Printed Sheets in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

So as I said in my very first post, I was invited by Gary to join him on this project!
I don't know why either, must have been a moment of weakness! Haha
But I'm so incredibly grateful he did!
I have learnt more in the last couple of months being in the company of @GaryTheTiler and @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin , than I ever thought possible, in a very short space of time.
Both of them are true and utter gentleman, and will gladly give you their time and experience, unconditionally!
And all they ask in return is...........nothing!
Well as long as you pay attention of course! :)
I have to thank them for being very generous with both their time and patience, and of course, for giving me this opportunity!
Thanks guys, truly!
So whilst I've been doing a bit of wall tiling, Gary has been tackling, amongst other things, the first flight of stairs from the basement up.
Oh and the Bookmatch walls below mine and the basement lift surround in the alternate 1200x600x12mm
and.........also found time to have a week off!
That's also after setting out the job together! Haha
Like I said last night, it's a privilege to work alongside him!
So here it is, the first staircase.
Sorry about the shadows :(
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I

Italy

marc has two days to say antonio go look at my work posted !!!
(Marc become heavy as my wife). ;)
Now antonio study well the work of marc. and gary.
then I talk. (Hoping that it understand)

I

Italy

So as I said in my very first post, I was invited by Gary to join him on this project!
I don't know why either, must have been a moment of weakness! Haha
But I'm so incredibly grateful he did!
I have learnt more in the last couple of months being in the company of @GaryTheTiler and @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin , than I ever thought possible, in a very short space of time.
Both of them are true and utter gentleman, and will gladly give you their time and experience, unconditionally!
And all they ask in return is...........nothing!
Well as long as you pay attention of course! :)
I have to thank them for being very generous with both their time and patience, and of course, for giving me this opportunity!
Thanks guys, truly!
So whilst I've been doing a bit of wall tiling, Gary has been tackling, amongst other things, the first flight of stairs from the basement up.
Oh and the Bookmatch walls below mine and the basement lift surround in the alternate 1200x600x12mm
and.........also found time to have a week off!
That's also after setting out the job together! Haha
Like I said last night, it's a privilege to work alongside him!
So here it is, the first staircase.
Sorry about the shadows :(
View attachment 80981 View attachment 80982 View attachment 80983 View attachment 80984 View attachment 80985 View attachment 80986 View attachment 80987 View attachment 80988
now I like !!!!!
composition as a model does not convince me)
composition with dark wall is fantastic.
very very compliment to all the protagonists of the work.
good

S

Spud

Thanks Marc ,
That is high praise indeed , I am lucky that I have got to work with such nice materials , Porcel-thin is so versatile that when fitted correctly it can be used on stairs ,walls floors and is easy to cut , handle and fit
When I started fitting it 5-6 years ago lots of tilers and retailers were not convinced as they could not get their heads around it as it was thin and light weight not realising the benefits of the material, now those same guys are kicking themselves as Porcel-thin is the leading brand of thin tiles in the country and is specified by all the large developers and top architects practices and was marked as one of the companies to watch this year by leading design experts ,
None of this happened by accident Ray has closely worked with the manufacturers to bring the latest designs and best quality products to the market place , we have done training days , work study groups and worked tirelessly developing the fixing techniques , trialling different trowels,adhesives , cutting tools sometimes til the early hours of the morning , there is a fantastic group of tilers on the porcel-thin recommended tilers page on the porcel-thin website and I am lucky to be amongst such a good group of guys fitting these tiles .

S

Spare Tool

There's tiling and then there's TILING, this is something else..

Just shows what the right knowledge, skills, planning and materials can achieve ;)

O

Old Mod

So the last post for now,
Here are the other areas under way,
You have the Bookmatch wall leading down to the basement.
This is visible as you walk down the main corridor.
And as u can see it gives the impression that the staircase was added after.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

At the other end of the corridor as u come in the main entrence , on your right is a feature wall.
U turn left to walk toward the staircase.

image.jpeg

We now have to join the two together by tiling the corridor floor in the matt version.

Then there is the lift surround in the basement. These are an alternate 1200x600x12mm porcelain supplied by the builder. Again all externals mitre'd. There are 3 surrounds to do in total.

This first wall is the one u see as u come in the disabled entrance from the car park. Incidentally this floor wil be bookmatched too!

image.jpeg

Then there is the surround u've seen bits of around the staircase.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

And if u were wondering about protection.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

So that's pretty much were we are at the moment.
There are a few other bits I can add as additional information, but in essence that's where the fixings at.
And if u can read past all the larking about in the thread, I hope you can see this is a great job to be involved in, and we hope you enjoy us sharing it with you guys!

Reply to Book Match Porcelain Veins in the Printed Sheets in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks