Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Book Match Porcelain Veins in the Printed Sheets in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
For work like that I'm guessing it should be nearer £70-80 a metre labour minimum or are you on a day rate Marc

O

Old Mod

For work like that I'm guessing it should be nearer £70-80 a metre labour minimum or are you on a day rate Marc
I suppose it's a close call as to whether day work would have been an advantage John, we'll have to see as it pans out.
With repetition the stairs will become faster, as like anything else.
The floors, if they get the prep right, will boost things along.
And as we're not in the arms, I'd say I'm not at liberty to discuss anymore! :D

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Ok so back to our little job :) cos u haven't even seen any progress yet! :rolleyes:
There was the usual slow start, finding somewhere to store gear and the 2 tonne of adhesives and levellers and so on, and hopefully not too far from where we were working.
Then there was the tile delivery, if I'm not mistaken (Ray can put me straight if I'm wrong) a 150kg approx per box of extremely fragile tiles.
Whilst we did have some help, well we all know how site labourers can be with 'fragile' goods.
And there was about 5-6 sets from memory, oh 2 boxes per set.
So heavy work.
And fortunately no ones gonna try put a box under their arm and walk out with it! Hahaha
It took a few days to settle in and get up and running, but we got there.
So we're a couple of weeks in and things have been less than smooth haha
But that's work for you.
Not from our point of view, we've been pressing on where we can, we just haven't always been able to. But we've all been there.
So I spose I'd better put a pic or two up then! Haha
So this is the result from the model, well partly.
View attachment 80969 View attachment 80970 View attachment 80971 View attachment 80972 View attachment 80973 View attachment 80974 View attachment 80975 View attachment 80977 View attachment 80978
80kg a box of ten tiles 2 boxes a set 160kg fragile is the fear of breaking them so far none

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Haha for some reason I thought was in the Arms :rolleyes:

How flat are the walls Marc?

U

Unused Account 1

Obviously you want money for the job ,but knowing you got it right ,just creates more work for you ,excellent,patience

O

Old Mod

Cheers Paul,
Whilst I'd love to take all the credit, :rolleyes:
The credit goes to @GaryTheTiler mate, without his guidance and knowledge I'd been up........without two paddles, let alone one! Haha
Yeah ok I've carried out that part of the job, but that's the easy bit.
It's Gary's experience that has ultimately given the look.
I'll post the staircase that Gary has completed tomorrow, and u'll see why it's a privilege to work alongside him.

Reply to Book Match Porcelain Veins in the Printed Sheets in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks