Search the forum,

Discuss Been Busy .. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not been on as much past few weeks as ive been stupid busy tiling displays etc etc at my bro's new showroom.. But i do keep popping on late most nights to see wots wot... Not that im addicted or anything... Lol..:)

How we all doing , keeping busy i hope.. Plenty work on ?

Haha I've been busy counting the mirror flecks in Gulf Stone floor tiles Dave, making sure none of them have sunk or disappeared :rolleyes:

Q

Qwerty

Busy busy as ever! Lady phoned today wanting a quote, said I'm booked until February and she then wanted a rough estimate over the phone for comparison against other quotes she is getting. I wished her a lovely day and hung up. I'm turning away more jobs then starting them at the moment. Got to get my act together and take somebody on!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Aye, mental busy, busy getting drunk in lazarote :)
image.jpeg

A

Aston

Hi craig,
is the hotel you are staying in called the natura palace? If it is, i stayed there in sept 2002.

A

Aston

I'm getting right back into the tiling loop now and nearly at the end of all my other bits and pieces.

just one question for the lads who work alone and have 3-6 months work ahead.
do you ever think about taking on another tiler so you shorten the work load and make more money.
I know it can be a risk (I know lol) but when it goes right, it makes much more business sense because if you do everything yourself, then you will lose money when you are on holiday or if you are ill.

any thoughts?

O

Old Mod

I'm getting right back into the tiling loop now and nearly at the end of all my other bits and pieces.

just one question for the lads who work alone and have 3-6 months work ahead.
do you ever think about taking on another tiler so you shorten the work load and make more money.
I know it can be a risk (I know lol) but when it goes right, it makes much more business sense because if you do everything yourself, then you will lose money when you are on holiday or if you are ill.

any thoughts?

I had these exact same thoughts years ago Ed, had up to a dozen fixers at any one time, during the recession of early nineties tho it nearly cost me more than my business!
As stressed as I am trying to run to schedule, that's all I worry about now!
So I'll just plod along doing what I can, when I can now.

A

Aston

No i totally understand mate..Been there myself and will probably go there again lol. Its just sometimes the attempt can pay off and the stress can be worth it! Business is like tiling, there's a fine line between something working out well and not.

Stress can be a killer so if you are happy, then that's the most important thing in life along with the old health and family etc ;0)

O

Old Mod

No i totally understand mate..Been there myself and will probably go there again lol. Its just sometimes the attempt can pay off and the stress can be worth it! Business is like tiling, there's a fine line between something working out well and not.

Stress can be a killer so if you are happy, then that's the most important thing in life along with the old health and family etc ;0)

Happy? Now ur pushing it Ed! Haha
Let's say the pain of yesteryear feels all too close still haha
Thing is I like the type of work I've managed to work up to over the last 10 years, and it's almost impossible to find extra hands that will take the time and trouble that you do yourself.
The fear of a damaged reputation weighs heavy sometimes.
I've considered it a few times, but I know from experience the moment u turn your back standards slip.
If I was still involved in site work and that kind of tiling I probably wouldn't hesitate.
I'm out of that loop now and would have to start over.
It is a tough call knowing what's best, so I spose for now at least, if it's not broke I'm not gonna fix it haha

Reply to Been Busy .. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen