Search the forum,

Discuss Bad tiling job? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Rectified tiles, the walls need to be perfect. Rectified ceramics are a pain in the backside, especially soft ceramics if that’s what they are.
Some of the close ups are ridiculously zoomed in but I absolutely agree that there is cause for concern here. Unfortunately for every 5hit hot Tiler there are probably five times as many not so good. The top notch Tilers are considerably more expensive than the average or poor Tilers, not because they are creaming off bigger profits but because the job is taking them longer.
As with all poor tiling jobs, there’s no such thing as rectificying anything. Needs a full rip out.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Did they tank the wet areas?

W

WetSaw

The tiles look a bit "sizey" . Top joint aligned and the bottom a couple of mm out, with that in mind and the tiler maybe did the best with what he's got to work with. Looking at the pictures above, I'd be more concerned about the gap to the ceiling. 20190809_184231.jpg

woodsy5

TF
Reaction score
Did they tank the wet areas?
The builder didn’t as I said I would pay the tiler extra to do it but the tiler said it wasn’t needed as it’s aquapannel boards. I even bought knauf scrim and joint adhesive for him to use but he didn’t touch it after asking him to.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
tbh it looks like an okay job, some things may have be better executed, however, in the grand scheme of things, it not that bad job.

woodsy5

TF
Reaction score
So who is tiling , a builder or a tiler
A tiler. The builder only did the stud work and boarded
if your paying fillet stake price for your fitting its a bit on the beef burger side .
BUT if your paying beef burger price and your expecting a fillet steak youve got what you paid for.
I don’t think I penny pinched on this job. I got a few quotes and took the middle one. I would be interested what some would price this room at

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The aqua panel really should be tanked, it’s only water resistant, and the joints should be taped.

Reply to Bad tiling job? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen