Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone know how to tile on seraphite? Primer? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have just been told this is seraphite, just about to tile it, wasn't going to prime as I thought it was just sand/cement. House is 1955. Cheers
16080529067986260126996501214227.jpg

Reaction score
Not having any idea what seraphite is, I would be tempted to mechanically fix backer board over it then tile to that, just to be safe.

Reaction score
Not having any idea what seraphite is, I would be tempted to mechanically fix backer board over it then tile to that, just to be safe.
Hi, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I can't do that though because its a tiny cloakroom toilet and every cm counts! Even tiling was a concession because it reduces the rooms width by about 3cm!

Reaction score
Thats a new substrate on me. I’ve never heard of Seraphite. ?
Hi, Well it may not be, I was just told that that is what it is... what does it look like to u in the photo? Is in a downstairs cloakroom loo. At present I plan to use no primer as I don't know what the substrate is (and I've heard pva is a no no for tile adhesive

Reply to Anyone know how to tile on seraphite? Primer? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen