Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Any Tilers In Manchester In Between Jobs in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

aussie tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As the title says or if your looking for work, the job is in clitheroe, 3 bathrooms, 2 ensuites, and other bits and
bobs, Starting next week. PM me and we will go from there.

Cheers
Dave

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a shame mate but it's your prerogative.

You have to take into account a whole bunch of factors though mate. One being, like yourself in this case, people can't just drop things. And 5 bathrooms means they're dropping things on short notice that they've had planned in for weeks or months, and perhaps haven't got time to physically come see the jobs. And I personally wouldn't do anything without seeing the jobs.

Other factors include the forum just being quiet until recently (thankfully picking up again with a bit of a push).

And then of course it's location. Not sure all tilers we have from manchester have visited the forum in the 48 hours the job has been listed.

It can be a help when you can plan things in and allow others to. But short notice and tiling just doesn't always mix. As I'm sure you know.

But it's a bit unfair just to say 'the forum doesn't get me the tiler i need when I need him so I'm not going to ask for one again on here'. But you're welcome to say it, and of course not bother post a job. It's just a service we provide and it has helped many out.

There's a thread from a couple of years ago showing how many tilers were getting well over 10k a year out of the forum alone, and how many were making 8k, 5k, 4k and so on. We've provided hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of meterage over the years. So it can work in the right situations. You just can't create the situations perfect for you, it has to take everybody's considerations into account.

Reaction score
That's a shame mate but it's your prerogative.

You have to take into account a whole bunch of factors though mate. One being, like yourself in this case, people can't just drop things. And 5 bathrooms means they're dropping things on short notice that they've had planned in for weeks or months, and perhaps haven't got time to physically come see the jobs. And I personally wouldn't do anything without seeing the jobs.

Other factors include the forum just being quiet until recently (thankfully picking up again with a bit of a push).

And then of course it's location. Not sure all tilers we have from manchester have visited the forum in the 48 hours the job has been listed.

It can be a help when you can plan things in and allow others to. But short notice and tiling just doesn't always mix. As I'm sure you know.

But it's a bit unfair just to say 'the forum doesn't get me the tiler i need when I need him so I'm not going to ask for one again on here'. But you're welcome to say it, and of course not bother post a job. It's just a service we provide and it has helped many out.

There's a thread from a couple of years ago showing how many tilers were getting well over 10k a year out of the forum alone, and how many were making 8k, 5k, 4k and so on. We've provided hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of meterage over the years. So it can work in the right situations. You just can't create the situations perfect for you, it has to take everybody's considerations into account.

Well said Dan ,I jump on & off the forum depending ,but over the years I've had a few jobs of here and. Got a bit of advice by searching the posts so from my end it's all for the good cheers
Chris from Manchester (busy)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. At least Aussie knows a couple of heads from manchester have read it and can't do the job for whatever reason. :)

aussie tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies and l totally understand what your saying and agree Dan, widler don't know if it is in chatburn, they didn't get back to me as of yet, don't think they will now as they wanted it started last week. The problem is l hate saying no to work not being greedy but it just means you lose that contact. I know it was short notice but sometimes it happens that way and l try to accommodate where possible.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't assume if you can't do it yourself that other people can.

They're in the same boat.

I do however really appreciate you posting work here.

If 1 in 50 of your jobs get a hit. It has been worth it for the sake of writing some words on a website.

It could connect you to a regular guy you earn a few quid off. We do have some top blokes here.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies and l totally understand what your saying and agree Dan, widler don't know if it is in chatburn, they didn't get back to me as of yet, don't think they will now as they wanted it started last week. The problem is l hate saying no to work not being greedy but it just means you lose that contact. I know it was short notice but sometimes it happens that way and l try to accommodate where possible.
I know the feeling,i hate turning work down but ive been doing it lately, to be honest i can't be bothered rushing around and bending over backwards trying to please every tom dick and harry and not getting one iota of thanks.
i do quite a bit of tiling around the ribble valley , me and a lad would of done it but we are booked up for a while .
Cheers
Craig

Reply to Any Tilers In Manchester In Between Jobs in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks