Search the forum,

Discuss Any Tilers In Manchester In Between Jobs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

aussie tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As the title says or if your looking for work, the job is in clitheroe, 3 bathrooms, 2 ensuites, and other bits and
bobs, Starting next week. PM me and we will go from there.

Cheers
Dave

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a shame mate but it's your prerogative.

You have to take into account a whole bunch of factors though mate. One being, like yourself in this case, people can't just drop things. And 5 bathrooms means they're dropping things on short notice that they've had planned in for weeks or months, and perhaps haven't got time to physically come see the jobs. And I personally wouldn't do anything without seeing the jobs.

Other factors include the forum just being quiet until recently (thankfully picking up again with a bit of a push).

And then of course it's location. Not sure all tilers we have from manchester have visited the forum in the 48 hours the job has been listed.

It can be a help when you can plan things in and allow others to. But short notice and tiling just doesn't always mix. As I'm sure you know.

But it's a bit unfair just to say 'the forum doesn't get me the tiler i need when I need him so I'm not going to ask for one again on here'. But you're welcome to say it, and of course not bother post a job. It's just a service we provide and it has helped many out.

There's a thread from a couple of years ago showing how many tilers were getting well over 10k a year out of the forum alone, and how many were making 8k, 5k, 4k and so on. We've provided hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of meterage over the years. So it can work in the right situations. You just can't create the situations perfect for you, it has to take everybody's considerations into account.

Reaction score
That's a shame mate but it's your prerogative.

You have to take into account a whole bunch of factors though mate. One being, like yourself in this case, people can't just drop things. And 5 bathrooms means they're dropping things on short notice that they've had planned in for weeks or months, and perhaps haven't got time to physically come see the jobs. And I personally wouldn't do anything without seeing the jobs.

Other factors include the forum just being quiet until recently (thankfully picking up again with a bit of a push).

And then of course it's location. Not sure all tilers we have from manchester have visited the forum in the 48 hours the job has been listed.

It can be a help when you can plan things in and allow others to. But short notice and tiling just doesn't always mix. As I'm sure you know.

But it's a bit unfair just to say 'the forum doesn't get me the tiler i need when I need him so I'm not going to ask for one again on here'. But you're welcome to say it, and of course not bother post a job. It's just a service we provide and it has helped many out.

There's a thread from a couple of years ago showing how many tilers were getting well over 10k a year out of the forum alone, and how many were making 8k, 5k, 4k and so on. We've provided hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of meterage over the years. So it can work in the right situations. You just can't create the situations perfect for you, it has to take everybody's considerations into account.

Well said Dan ,I jump on & off the forum depending ,but over the years I've had a few jobs of here and. Got a bit of advice by searching the posts so from my end it's all for the good cheers
Chris from Manchester (busy)

Reply to Any Tilers In Manchester In Between Jobs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen