Search the forum,

Discuss Angle grinder curved cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

petenicholls

Anyone got any tips for making curved cuts with an angle grinder? Got a few spares to practice on before I attempt it on a job.

Cheers
Pete

D

doug boardley

just to add to the video Pete, don't be tempted to do angle grind cuts without ear and eye protection,for what it takes to put them on the risk of losing hearing and eyesight isn't worth it:thumbsup:

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
go slowly...dont force the grinder, it will cut at its own pace as you will cause chips etc if pushing it too hard. its weight should also be sufficient, your hands are there simply to guide it.
As Doug says, wear eye protection. I wear glasses but still have got bits in my eyes so now I always use safety goggles as well. Using the grinder too long without ear defenders will also give you potential problems.

D

doug boardley

go slowly...dont force the grinder, it will cut at its own pace as you will cause chips etc if pushing it too hard. its weight should also be sufficient, your hands are there simply to guide it.
As Doug says, wear eye protection. I wear glasses but still have got bits in my eyes so now I always use safety goggles as well. Using the grinder too long without ear defenders will also give you potential problems.
can you speak up Chris, I can't hear you! :lol:

O

oogabooga

I prefer to use black building paper for templates, rather than newspaper, because it's not so flimsy. But I don't feel so bad after watching the videos - those guys are even slower than me.:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Angle grinder curved cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen