Search the forum,

Discuss Advise Grout colour and type in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ive googled it, i can't find anything thats says you can't use epoxy with ufh, then again i can't find anything saying you can :cool:
Id use grout 3000 , whichever colour you wish

A

Aston

@antonio
it doesn't mean you are wrong.
epoxy grout can be removed by heat but not at the temperatures that an underfloor heating system gives off..I'm just saying sometimes, its better to call a technical department that's all.

some of our tech departments here in the uk can give contrasting answers so its no surprise that we get confused.

I

Italy

I read some data sheets.
no one says: Do not use epoxy on underfloor heating.
say only, wait for more hours, before grouting with epoxy.

A

Aston

i don't like being unsure of anything I do and I don't like it when there's uncertainty over a procedure so,
I called Mapei, Ardex, Bal, Tilemaster and Weber today and all companies said,

Yes, you can use epoxy grout over a heated screed and under floor hearing

So, there you go, now we all know...Every days a school day, so @antonio you are the cleverest in the class today, so well done ;0)

these threads are great because they push us all to step up our game,
In the words of Conor Mcgregors team...We win together, and we learn together' (should be tilers forums new motto that ;0)

ps I will start a new thread for this because there's a few steps you need to take,
so PLEASE read this thread.

Epoxy Grounting on a Heated screed / Under floor heating - http://www.tilersforums.com/threads/epoxy-grounting-on-a-heated-screed-under-floor-heating.80995/

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Italy

i don't like being unsure of anything I do and I don't like it when there's uncertainty over a procedure so,
I called Mapei, Ardex, Bal, Tilemaster and Weber today and all companies said,

Yes, you can use epoxy grout over a heated screed and under floor hearing

So, there you go, now we all know...Every days a school day, so @antonio you are the cleverest in the class today, so well done ;0)

these threads are great because they push us all to step up our game,
In the words of Conor Mcgregors team...We win together, and we learn together' (should be tilers forums new motto that ;0)

ps I will start a new thread for this because there's a few steps you need to take,
so PLEASE read this thread.

Epoxy Grounting on a Heated screed / Under floor heating - http://www.tilersforums.com/threads/epoxy-grounting-on-a-heated-screed-under-floor-heating.80995/

thanks aston,
why, you had doubts? , Antonio, top of the class? lol
I repeat the question for the third time.
more chance of breakage, epoxy or cement?
I already know. but I am expecting your response.

P.S. then it I still have to keep green badge? ;)

I

Italy

Yes, I was thinking about Epoxy grout but was advised against it because of the underfloor heating and expoxy could crack. I was advised to use a flexible grout in a darker colour, but personally I'd like the grout to blend in with the colour of the tiles.
I like the idea of Expoxy grout in a lighter colour to blend with the tiles, but what about the hardness of Epoxy grout and the tile expansion on to the 2mm grout from the underfloor heating ? Would this cause a cracking issue in grout or tiles ?

these are the questions

Reply to Advise Grout colour and type in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen