Discuss Advise Grout colour and type in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

bwel

Just laying large format 80x80 porcelain tiles on underfloor heating with 2mm grout line in my place. Also laid on Durabase isolation layer.

Any advise on Grout Type and Colour. My preference is a colour that merges in with the tile colour rather than contrasting it.

The tiles are very light in colour. They are Sinseti Explorer Bianco.

image.jpeg

Thx

B

bwel

Yes, I was thinking about Epoxy grout but was advised against it because of the underfloor heating and expoxy could crack. I was advised to use a flexible grout in a darker colour, but personally I'd like the grout to blend in with the colour of the tiles.

I

Italy

I suggest epoxy, because the light color becomes dark quickly. (Gets dirty).
otherwise use darker color. is ok flexible mortar.
Here, a lot of good tilers, might help. wait a moment ;)

J

J Sid

if you or your cleaner use the right cleaning products light coloured grout will stay light. ;)

B

bwel

I like the idea of Expoxy grout in a lighter colour to blend with the tiles, but what about the hardness of Epoxy grout and the tile expansion on to the 2mm grout from the underfloor heating ? Would this cause a cracking issue in grout or tiles ?

Reply to Advise Grout colour and type in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks