Discuss Advise Grout colour and type in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

I like the idea of Expoxy grout in a lighter colour to blend with the tiles, but what about the hardness of Epoxy grout and the tile expansion on to the 2mm grout from the underfloor heating ? Would this cause a cracking issue in grout or tiles ?
nobody answer?
simple, all allergy sufferers to use epoxy.
I just say, if it were my house, I would not doubt, epoxy.
itself breaks before, grouting cement-based or epoxy resin?
you do not need an answer, because who says resin breaks down, he does not want to epoxy.

B

bwel

nobody answer?
simple, all allergy sufferers to use epoxy.
I just say, if it were my house, I would not doubt, epoxy.
itself breaks before, grouting cement-based or epoxy resin?
you do not need an answer, because who says resin breaks down, he does not want to epoxy.
Thanks, would you have any concerns that the Underfloor Heating would cause the Porcelain tiles to crack because the Epoxy Grout is so hard, rather than relaying on standard flexible grout taking any compression ?

I'm really worried about cracking with UFH and hence layining the extra Durabase uncoupling layer.

H

hmtiling

Thanks, would you have any concerns that the Underfloor Heating would cause the Porcelain tiles to crack because the Epoxy Grout is so hard, rather than relaying on standard flexible grout taking any compression ?

I'm really worried about cracking with UFH and hence layining the extra Durabase uncoupling layer.
Should have technically been a 3mm minimum joint.
I, personally, like a bit of contrast between tiles and grout and grout 3000, the ardex range Julian suggests and mapei ucp would all be fine

I

Italy

cazzo!!!, not one that answers the question !!!!!!!!!!
better epoxy or cement base, on heated floor?
Christ!!!!
he wants to epoxy, but they said epoxy fracture. better cement based.

H

hmtiling

enough, I surrender, take off my green badge.
I do not answer to anyone anymore.
There there Antonio;) Well, I would always go with a cement based unless the customer insisted on white floor grout or possibly a wet room floor

I

Italy

There there Antonio;) Well, I would always go with a cement based unless the customer insisted on white floor grout or possibly a wet room floor
I understand, all tilers prefer concrete base.
the question is: epoxy breaks down?

I

Italy

I start to think that in the uk do not use epoxy .......
all tilers, prefer to use cement based. (Myself included).
but they told him that epoxy, fracture before the cement base.
he asks this.
Then he will decide, what to prefer.
that's all, you answered in 50, all tell the color and no one answers the question asked.

A

Aston

i haven't used epoxy grout for a few years now but I remember being told not to use epoxy grout over under floor heating in wet rooms.

if it were me, i would simply call the manufacturer and remove all the debate.

I

Italy

then all the floors that I made with epoxy, are wrong.
they told him that epoxy is fractured and not fracture the cement base.
I always knew to the contrary

Reply to Advise Grout colour and type in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks