Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on porcelain tile movement. Grout coming out of tiles. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I don’t like the look of that.

Are they boarding over all the old adhesive and ply?

Yes they have boarded over what was on the floor as far as i was able to see. So the ply is definitely still buried under there aswell as the disconnected underfloor heating i imagine as they would have had to have dug that out otherwise and there’s no mess or rubbish to suggest that has happened.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would insist that the first attempt is completely removed and started again from the floorboards.
There is nothing wrong with no more ply, so don’t worry about that part.
It must be installed as the instructions.

W

Waluigi

the last photo looks like he has overboarded the dots of adhesive.

It’s all getting a bit confusing as to how many layers you have. Whatever happens, you can’t just screw a bit of board onto dots of adhesive and hope for the best. Shortsighted thinking. There is no quick fix to this. No magic board. Just logic and manufacturers instructions.

Reaction score
No more ply instructions.

https://sts-uk.com/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/4/

Overboarding timber floors.

If it’s not carried out like this
No more ply instructions.

https://sts-uk.com/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/4/

Overboarding timber floors.

If it’s not carried out like this its not right.

Thank you for the link and all the help I’ve honestly been at a loss as I have no knowledge of any sort of trade. Looks like more heated discussions are on the horizon. Your help and knowledge is much appreciated.

T

Time's Ran Out

B8AAFEAB-C2C6-4EE4-AE5E-D392F56BE616.png
Just about sums up their care and attention!

Reaction score
I would insist that the first attempt is completely removed and started again from the floorboards.
There is nothing wrong with no more ply, so don’t worry about that part.
It must be installed as the instructions.

Thank you again for all your help and advice. Looks like more heated discussions will need to be had as it’s now clearly a money saving operation on their part. Your advice is much appreciated.

Reply to Advice on porcelain tile movement. Grout coming out of tiles. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen