Search the forum,

Discuss Advice On Floor Prep. Several Slabs & A Large Deviance In Floor Height. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lmkitchens

I'm pricing a job atm where the customer would like the floor tiling from the kitchen straight into the bathroom.

The house was derelict for a long time and the floor is a mess.

My big concern is the serveral slabs etc, the floor height can be built up in SLC and bulked out with sharp sand in the deeper regions.

I wondered if it was correct to level the floor then decoupling mat it.

Pics are attched, please advise.
20160203_154849_zpsstwtabxs.jpg

20160203_154852_zpskmdrsmtd.jpg

20160203_154843_zpskwuogc1z.jpg

L

lmkitchens

He hasn't chosen them yet.

From what he was saying maybe an opus pattern or something around 400 x 400

W

White Room

I can see by the door that the levels are not to clever, the floor probably has been there years and so have the cracks but I would level the floors and ditra due to where the walls have been removed over time just so you can sleep at night.

L

lmkitchens

Thanks, I just wanted to clarify that I can decouple with all of the slabs etc.

Reply to Advice On Floor Prep. Several Slabs & A Large Deviance In Floor Height. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen