Discuss Advice On Floor Prep. Several Slabs & A Large Deviance In Floor Height. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

lmkitchens

I'm pricing a job atm where the customer would like the floor tiling from the kitchen straight into the bathroom.

The house was derelict for a long time and the floor is a mess.

My big concern is the serveral slabs etc, the floor height can be built up in SLC and bulked out with sharp sand in the deeper regions.

I wondered if it was correct to level the floor then decoupling mat it.

Pics are attched, please advise.
20160203_154849_zpsstwtabxs.jpg

20160203_154852_zpskmdrsmtd.jpg

20160203_154843_zpskwuogc1z.jpg

L

lmkitchens

He hasn't chosen them yet.

From what he was saying maybe an opus pattern or something around 400 x 400

W

White Room

I can see by the door that the levels are not to clever, the floor probably has been there years and so have the cracks but I would level the floors and ditra due to where the walls have been removed over time just so you can sleep at night.

L

lmkitchens

Thanks, I just wanted to clarify that I can decouple with all of the slabs etc.

Reply to Advice On Floor Prep. Several Slabs & A Large Deviance In Floor Height. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks