Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed on which white grout to use on kitchen walls that won’t stain? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Ben tiler

I use a lot of kerapoxy.
Essential tools, digital scales for accurate part-mixes.
Decent epoxy float.
Quality nitrile gloves. Change them and clean up the moment you start to get sticky.
Wonder wipes for quick clean up if you get messy.
White emulsifying pads. I get 3m cut in half. Don't bother with epoxy without these.
Sponge clothes, you chuck away once claggy.
Kerapoxy cleaner, comes in a trigger gun and makes final clean up so easy.

Work cleanly, strike off as much as you can, don't rush. Emulsify, then one pass (and only one) with a damp sponge.
Never go over the same area twice on clean up. Yes it costs sponges but charge accordingly.
Kerapoxy cleaner for a final clean and done correctly, no need to go back the next day with the isopropyl!

Thank you for the help, will go with the kerapoxy then, I knew epoxy would be the best for the job but always best to ask advice before starting it. Will get all my gear ready & crack on with it & hopefully it will turn out as nice as I’m hoping. Many thanks sir.

Reply to Advice needed on which white grout to use on kitchen walls that won’t stain? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen