Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive For Large Wal Tiles in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

GDJTAM

I class myself as a moderate DIYer and need to tile a small area of 7sq mtrs in my kitchen above and below my units.

My ceramic tiles are 298x498x9mm and a square metre would weigh 16.5kg. I will be tiling onto plastered plasterboard and having spent days googling what adhesive to use.

My preference is to use ready mix for convenience and I know the professionals will be advising powder. However, having looked at Mapei D1, White star, Wickes extra strong, B&Q Mapei super grab.

Are any of the above any good or is there a product out there that will stop tiles from slipping and will bond for more than a few weeks?

S

Stef

As Chalker says, that size of tile is too big for a tubbed addy.
Needs to be a powder..

G

GDJTAM

You couldn't use anything else on that size of tile apart from powder..
So it looks like powder, the chap fitting my kitchen told me to use Topps BAL green star ready mix, however if this is not suitable for my size of tile then can anyone tell me a powder to get. I don't understand cement based etc so a product name if possible would be helpful

O

Old Mod

Suggest u get 'standard set' and make sure you prime plaster in accordance with adhesive manufacturers recommendations.
And educate the 'chap fitting your kitchen' before someone less sensible than yourself takes his advice! :)

Reply to Adhesive For Large Wal Tiles in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen