Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive and grout for shower room in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

long time lurker, first time caller of this rediculously informative forum.

I have boarded out our ensuite shower with aquapanel boarding followed swiftly by tanking it all with Mapeis shower room kit which is pretty amazing.

I have purchased some ceramic 400x150 tiles and am now looking through the myriad of adhesives and grout that is available to me. I have seached this forum for answers and have probably come across a ton of suitable answers which has made my decision all the more harder.

I have seen Mapei pro flexible and was wondering if this would be suitable for a shower room and for a tile this size. Im also looking for a dark grey grout that would be sufficient for this type of room too. I know i need to silicon seal the corners so I think i can actually choose on of those myself :)

I have attached some pics for you to laugh at my work :)

That is masking tape around the shower tray hence the messy look. it was much better when i removed the tape. Due to the shower tray that was in there i had to put the mapei tape just over the edge of the tray.

shower2.jpg shower1.jpg

Q

Qwerty

Proflexible is fine but it's a rapid setting adhesive. You may be best with a standard setting flexible (S1) adhesive.

What tile outlets or independent traders do you have nearby?

Isomat AK22 is a great adhesive, but you may be too far away from them.

D

Dumbo

Proflexible is fine but it's a rapid setting adhesive. You may be best with a standard setting flexible (S1) adhesive.

What tile outlets or independent traders do you have nearby?

Isomat AK22 is a great adhesive, but you may be too far away from them.
You're a convert on that you will have to get tiegla to get that in .

D

Dumbo

I went into tiegla in the summer as I was treading on your toes down west parley just down the road from that garage on the corner where you buy your cars . But anyway I digress I walk in asked how much for a bag of grey flexi and then said god no and walkex straight back out .

D

Dumbo

I went into tiegla in the summer as I was treading on your toes down west parley just down the road from that garage on the corner where you buy your cars . But anyway I digress I walk in asked how much for a bag of grey flexi and then said god no and walkex straight back out .
You obs think the tiegla bit is funny as I'm sure you get your cars there .

Reply to Adhesive and grout for shower room in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen