Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss A recent wet room project. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Utilising a shower former design I saw somewhere on line, a few months back I believe, I completed this wet room a few weeks ago.

It's a 1200 x600 x 10mm porcelain from Mandarin Stone.

The short walls I re-fabricated the 1200's down to 600's so that I could keep the bond with the floor.

All externals were mitred, of course, and the shower screen was sunk beneath the thing to give a completely frameless look.

One reason for the set out was that the drain and diverter were miss aligned, and a conventional set out would have highlighted this.

The window was actually offset to the joint line by approx 20mm also, but with a little jiggery pokery I was able to visually put it in the right place.

A lot of messing about? ..... yeah, maybe.

But the look on the clients face when completed, more than made up for the extra bit of hassle.

Plus they were a joy to work with.

View attachment 90995 View attachment 90996 View attachment 90997 View attachment 90998 View attachment 90999 View attachment 91000 View attachment 91001 View attachment 91002 View attachment 91003 View attachment 91004 View attachment 91005 View attachment 91006 View attachment 91007 View attachment 91008
Excellent work like the idea of concealing the screen profile , how was this done and how do you get access to it , if needs must !!

O

Old Mod

Excellent work like the idea of concealing the screen profile , how was this done and how do you get access to it , if needs must !!
I just sank the profile in to the wall and floor, it had to be trimmed down a bit tho.
The waterproofing was excellent and the profile was stuck in with a full bed of CT1
Then tiled in by way of top tile on left, locking it all in pace.
Not sure why you'd want access to it.
If there was a problem so big the screen had to be removed, it ain't gonna matter taking the locking tile out.
There'll be enough remedials to do, one more tile wouldn't phase me.

Reply to A recent wet room project. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks