Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.
  • Thread starter howard
  • Start date
  • Replies 63
  • Views 641
  • usa

Discuss £7.50 m2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

doit4u

As one of the characters on Absolutely Fabulous said when offered silly money 'I wouldn't get out of bed and p for that'

B

Bolter

I'd do crazy paving for £7.50/m^2!! Spread the whole wall and stand in the doorway throwing bits of tile at it lol

:smash: :)

Reaction score
there is a tiler near to me who charges a bog standard £10m2, no matter if it's stone or ceramic, he turns up on a push bike ffs,with a bucket with his tools in it, I believe he doesn't get called back again...standard is apparently poor.....

B

brian c

there is a tiler near to me who charges a bog standard £10m2, no matter if it's stone or ceramic, he turns up on a push bike ffs,with a bucket with his tools in it, I believe he doesn't get called back again...standard is apparently poor.....
its because you stole his van mark..lol

does he have his bike sign written...lol

C

cornish_crofter

.....Does he come from Cornwall by any chance:hurray:

U

Ultimate Tiling

For all customers who think they are paying £7.50 an hour here is a example of what it really costs, tiles DO come off or up if laid incorrectly.
So in reality this customer is paying £7.50 per hour + the tiles which are ruined, then new correct labour charges £30-40 m2 plus removal and replace old adhesive ect.

This is part of the advert looking to have floor relaid and shes still advertising on a site where you have to bid the lowst price to win work!!!
Location: Warrington, Cheshire Postcode: WA4 6HT Entry Date: 6th January 2009 Job to Start: ASAP
Description To remove and re-lay a full-bodied porcelain tiled bathroom floor (450x450 tiles) which have worked loose.
Quoting Interested in this job?

D

doug boardley

was talking to a good tiler today, were discussing rates etc, he knows my work and vice versa, he told me I was a bit on the cheap side at £30m2 or £20 per hour. he charges £35m2 and £24 per hour!:hurray:

F

Fred

I did a repair job yesterday, took 2 hours and got £45 plus a fiver tip, so work is still out there. Suddenly folks are calling and I've picked up a few jobs plus a quote friday for 5 luxury flats.

D

DHTiling

I did a repair job yesterday, took 2 hours and got £45 plus a fiver tip, so work is still out there. Suddenly folks are calling and I've picked up a few jobs plus a quote friday for 5 luxury flats.

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

L

LM Ceramics

at this rate id consider £7.50 a metre im getting seriously bored at home im goin to crack up soon

B

brian c

at this rate id consider £7.50 a metre im getting seriously bored at home im goin to crack up soon
get a grip Lee m8,you will get something before then end of the week if you dig deep enough...come on m8,dont get dispondant...get the kettle on ya nutter. or a few of these:8: or have you already had a few?

L

LM Ceramics

sorry bri im avin a vodka moment :smash: thats why im coming out with such bizzare things

W

White Room

A few of these :8: can be more depressing

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to £7.50 m2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks