Search the forum,

Discuss 3mm tub adhesive versus cement ad in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

What is the advantage of using tub adhesive which typically is spread at a 3mm thickness over cement adhesive which I was trained to use at a thickness of 8mm. I was told once the tub is open it starts to go off and a slow/amateur tiler would be better with cement adhesive. Discuss!!
When you say 3mm you surely don't mean a 3mm trowel . Cement adhesive even if slow set will go of quicker than air drying ready mix

When you say 3mm you surely don't mean a 3mm trowel . Cement adhesive even if slow set will go of quicker than air drying ready mix

Am I the only person that has read the instructions on these tub adhesives?.....they state a 3mm bed with a square notched trowel or use the spreader supplied. Also says open time of 20-30mins...although I know someone who used it for hours...will the whole tub really be un-useable in 20 mins?

Reply to 3mm tub adhesive versus cement ad in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen