Search the forum,

Discuss 200sqm floor, prep discussion in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Doozy

TF
Reaction score
Got a site meeting next week where the installation of a 200sqm floor will be discussed.

There are a handful of smaller rooms involved on the periphery, but the main area is basically T shaped. The bottom of the T is the entrance hall at around 26sqm, which opens up on the top line of the T as a rectangular room of around 80sqm.

This is a sand and cement screeded floor over water piped UFH.

The builder says no expansion joints are required and the screeder says no decoupling is required either.

I obviously have my own thoughts on the matter, but I wondered what the consensus was on here

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Tiled Limestone floor in Virginia Water longest run over 30 mts no expansion joints. Customer didn't want them no probs after 5yr app

Reaction score
Got very similar sized floor to do in 3 weeks over a flowscreed (anhydrite). 800x800 porcelain. Using anhyfix to tile. Is a decoupler required? And hard or soft expansion joints and where? Am going to see it this week but would imagine there is no expansion joints in the screed. Any information/advice greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Got very similar sized floor to do in 3 weeks over a flowscreed (anhydrite). 800x800 porcelain. Using anhyfix to tile. Is a decoupler required? And hard or soft expansion joints and where? Am going to see it this week but would imagine there is no expansion joints in the screed. Any information/advice greatly appreciated.
If your using anhyfix by tile master And you want to decouple. Use anhyfix to lay anti fracture matting. Then use setaflex on matting. Cheaper way of doing it.

Reaction score
Thanks. Is a decoupler required? We use them with natural stone but from researching am led to believe with porcelain and a flow screed it isn't necessary.....?

Reply to 200sqm floor, prep discussion in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen