Discuss White adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Are there any tilers out there like me that never uses anything but white adhesive? I just can't understand why anyone uses grey anymore. Am I weird?

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
I don't understand why it makes any difference. As long as you keep the grout lines clean as you go along, it shouldn't cause any issue. The only time I purposely use white adhesive is if I was using a white or very light grout, just in case of any adhesive left in the grout lines staining the grout. Otherwise if the same adhesive in grey is cheaper than white, I would use the grey...... I might be missing something obvious here though.

Reaction score
I don't understand why it makes any difference. As long as you keep the grout lines clean as you go along, it shouldn't cause any issue. The only time I purposely use white adhesive is if I was using a white or very light grout, just in case of any adhesive left in the grout lines staining the grout. Otherwise if the same adhesive in grey is cheaper than white, I would use the grey...... I might be missing something obvious here though.
I pay extra to use the white adhesive. Its cleaner.

Reply to White adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking for at least 1 Grespania Bretagne white but I will take more in both black and...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I've got some matt white ceramic tiles that have gone grey on the shower wall. Presumably water...
Replies
Views
Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay