Search the forum,

Discuss White adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Are there any tilers out there like me that never uses anything but white adhesive? I just can't understand why anyone uses grey anymore. Am I weird?

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
I don't understand why it makes any difference. As long as you keep the grout lines clean as you go along, it shouldn't cause any issue. The only time I purposely use white adhesive is if I was using a white or very light grout, just in case of any adhesive left in the grout lines staining the grout. Otherwise if the same adhesive in grey is cheaper than white, I would use the grey...... I might be missing something obvious here though.

Reaction score
I don't understand why it makes any difference. As long as you keep the grout lines clean as you go along, it shouldn't cause any issue. The only time I purposely use white adhesive is if I was using a white or very light grout, just in case of any adhesive left in the grout lines staining the grout. Otherwise if the same adhesive in grey is cheaper than white, I would use the grey...... I might be missing something obvious here though.
I pay extra to use the white adhesive. Its cleaner.

Reply to White adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen