Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss What is the craziest job you have ever done ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

Leatherface

Just thought I would start a new thread,
there are many businesses out there who get one firm to do all their shop fitting nation wide as it makes good sense to allow one contractor to send relaible tradesmen who will get the job done on time and to a good standard ( rather than find trades in every town or city that the shops are situated )

My most seemingly pointless jobs recently have been :

Travel from Halifax to Scotland in one day to fix one and a half metres of tiles to a shop front.

Also travel from Halifax to Stoke to replace three tiles at the Wedgewood museum.

Can anyone beat this ?

Am waiting for someone to ask me to go to Ibiza to replace and grout one mosaic tile ! Any offers ? :yes:

Reaction score
Belfast to Dublin for 1 tile that the plumber cracked. job was tiled 2wks prev,well rewarded for my efforts though :yes: happy days,wud do it every day if i cud get away with it

D

doug boardley

Belfast to Dublin for 1 tile that the plumber cracked. job was tiled 2wks prev,well rewarded for my efforts though :yes: happy days,wud do it every day if i cud get away with it
did you tell us about that one a while ago, if i'm correct you got rewarded quite handsomely!:hurray:

Reaction score
Not me just done this before xmas. wud luv to tell you what i got for my trouble but sometimes the missus reads these and what i got and what she thinks i got somehow don,t tally up if you know what i mean,suffice to say it kept me in guinness over xmas. :dizzy2:

D

doug boardley

Not me just done this before xmas. wud luv to tell you what i got for my trouble but sometimes the missus reads these and what i got and what she thinks i got somehow don,t tally up if you know what i mean,suffice to say it kept me in guinness over xmas. :dizzy2:
nuff said!!:punk:

L

Leatherface

Mental
These contract shop fitting companies must be making a killing, god knows what they are charging if they can afford to pay us our rate and still make a profit

R

rbz1744

Tiled 200m2 of a footballers wives type house only to be called back 8 months later to tile over tile as the customer found it difficult to keep the original polished porcelain clean - happy days

D

davy_G

To replace a 'few' loose tiles on a huge curved door step. Asked by a mate over the phone, went round one evening, the whole thing was boast the concrete screed was boast as well. Kango job, what i expected to be a fri avo job turned into a 3 weeker by the time the new step i constructed and cured & the new tiles came.

M

medlar

tiled a complete downstairs for an irish couple,just plain black 400x400 ceramic,living room,dining room,kitchen,lobby,toilet, passageway and conservatory,then added tiled skirting,i was sick of seeing black tiles, oh and the black grout,the job looked horrible but they liked it

another queer job, travelled all the way to norfolk to replace 2 tiles for wilkinsons hardware stores in thier ladies rest room as the edges had chipped and a lady worker slashed her foot and put in " where theres blame theres a claim" but part of my contract with wilkinsons states that i must travel to any of there branches whenever.

Jimmy

D

d noulton

done a job couple years ago listed building in kent eynsford to be precise
lovely village anyway kitchen floor never seen a floor so uneven like tiling the waves of the sea I said to the customer do you want the floor leveled oh my god no tile it as it is she said happy days lippage everywhere just as she wanted :8::hurray:

Reaction score
had a few strange jobs over the years but a couple that spring to mind are

plymouth to aberdeen to meet a sparks to sort out some ufh at a health club

working nights tiling a floor in a crematorium

and being asked to tile a farmhouse kichen floor out off square to make it look rustic

but all the above were well paid so can't complain, in fact would like a few now if truth be told

Reply to What is the craziest job you have ever done ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks