Search the forum,

Discuss What is the craziest job you have ever done ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Just thought I would start a new thread,
there are many businesses out there who get one firm to do all their shop fitting nation wide as it makes good sense to allow one contractor to send relaible tradesmen who will get the job done on time and to a good standard ( rather than find trades in every town or city that the shops are situated )

My most seemingly pointless jobs recently have been :

Travel from Halifax to Scotland in one day to fix one and a half metres of tiles to a shop front.

Also travel from Halifax to Stoke to replace three tiles at the Wedgewood museum.

Can anyone beat this ?

Am waiting for someone to ask me to go to Ibiza to replace and grout one mosaic tile ! Any offers ? :yes:

Reaction score
Belfast to Dublin for 1 tile that the plumber cracked. job was tiled 2wks prev,well rewarded for my efforts though :yes: happy days,wud do it every day if i cud get away with it

D

doug boardley

Belfast to Dublin for 1 tile that the plumber cracked. job was tiled 2wks prev,well rewarded for my efforts though :yes: happy days,wud do it every day if i cud get away with it
did you tell us about that one a while ago, if i'm correct you got rewarded quite handsomely!:hurray:

Reaction score
Not me just done this before xmas. wud luv to tell you what i got for my trouble but sometimes the missus reads these and what i got and what she thinks i got somehow don,t tally up if you know what i mean,suffice to say it kept me in guinness over xmas. :dizzy2:

D

doug boardley

Not me just done this before xmas. wud luv to tell you what i got for my trouble but sometimes the missus reads these and what i got and what she thinks i got somehow don,t tally up if you know what i mean,suffice to say it kept me in guinness over xmas. :dizzy2:
nuff said!!:punk:

L

Leatherface

Mental
These contract shop fitting companies must be making a killing, god knows what they are charging if they can afford to pay us our rate and still make a profit

Reply to What is the craziest job you have ever done ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen