Search the forum,

Discuss What is the craziest job you have ever done ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rbz1744

Tiled 200m2 of a footballers wives type house only to be called back 8 months later to tile over tile as the customer found it difficult to keep the original polished porcelain clean - happy days

D

davy_G

To replace a 'few' loose tiles on a huge curved door step. Asked by a mate over the phone, went round one evening, the whole thing was boast the concrete screed was boast as well. Kango job, what i expected to be a fri avo job turned into a 3 weeker by the time the new step i constructed and cured & the new tiles came.

M

medlar

tiled a complete downstairs for an irish couple,just plain black 400x400 ceramic,living room,dining room,kitchen,lobby,toilet, passageway and conservatory,then added tiled skirting,i was sick of seeing black tiles, oh and the black grout,the job looked horrible but they liked it

another queer job, travelled all the way to norfolk to replace 2 tiles for wilkinsons hardware stores in thier ladies rest room as the edges had chipped and a lady worker slashed her foot and put in " where theres blame theres a claim" but part of my contract with wilkinsons states that i must travel to any of there branches whenever.

Jimmy

D

d noulton

done a job couple years ago listed building in kent eynsford to be precise
lovely village anyway kitchen floor never seen a floor so uneven like tiling the waves of the sea I said to the customer do you want the floor leveled oh my god no tile it as it is she said happy days lippage everywhere just as she wanted :8::hurray:

Reaction score
had a few strange jobs over the years but a couple that spring to mind are

plymouth to aberdeen to meet a sparks to sort out some ufh at a health club

working nights tiling a floor in a crematorium

and being asked to tile a farmhouse kichen floor out off square to make it look rustic

but all the above were well paid so can't complain, in fact would like a few now if truth be told

goz

TF
Reaction score
When i had just started out years back,my old man who taught me,sent me to the local rugby club to tile their toilets,just standard 6" bumpy whites, what he didnt tell me was that i had to cut round the old urinals that had not been used for ayear, so found myself with my ear rubbing against old stale rugby players wee!!!:yikes: if i remember rightly one of them came in and used it while i was tiling,said he couldnt be bothered to go upstairs!!! being young i didnt say anything! DIRTY DIRTY work!!!

Reply to What is the craziest job you have ever done ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen