Search the forum,

Discuss what is the best way to cut plastic trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan M

DSCF0908.jpg
sorry about the video. i can t get it off my phone so that is will work on the pc. i took a pic of the trim sitting flat.

deano
i never said i was a master craftsman. i didnt say your video was bad i just said i could get the same results in the air but not on a flat surface.
thanks for doing the video. it is aprieciated.i actually boughtit because of your first video
i do see a failing in this tool. (my one at least). the blade wont stay held securly. it slips up in the holder and wont cut the trim. i even put stronger bolts in it to allow it to tighten more
DSCF0920.jpg
i put a brand new stanley brand blade in there and its no diferent, . it will cut the close part of the trim ok but not at the front. i cant cut off the back part like deano does in the video.

please can we put all this aside and be friends

Attachments

• DSCF0918.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 128
J

JLM Tiling

Two things, firstly if in the picture of the tool you are holding the handles down tight then I'd loosen off the blade and resecure it but with the cutting edge touching the base plate. I had the same problem and it did make things harder until I adjusted it.
Secondly the angles just aren't right. You're either not aligning the trim in the snip correctly or as I think you mentioned earlier the trim is crushing and moving out of alignment. Like i said try differing pressure. I used to have the same problem, no idea how i got around it now though. I think your snips are the same make as mine and yes at first it seems impossible but trust me those snips will do it. Just practise mate, you'll figure it out. Good luck mucker

A

Alan M

iv tried it gently , hard soft, quick , slow etc. nothing works.
as for the blad. i loosened it , aligned it to te base , tightened it. then tried to made a cut. and its back the same again.
il stay trying for a while longer. its strainge that it wont stay there

J

JLM Tiling

You're not aligning the trim correctly mate. It's got to be spot on. If you cant do it then give up and go buy yourself a proper mitre block.

A

Alan M

iv got a miterblack that i used before getting this. still am to be honest. i thought this would be handier on site as the miterblck needs suporting and the trim can be unwealdy . if i cant get it to work il get one of those qwasangle (cant remember the name) off of trade tiler in my next order.
i held it in a tight as i could to the fence.

T

The D

it is the snips they are not the same as my ones i will give you the make of my snips tomoz

A

Alan M

thank you. they look similar. i thought they were the same

the miter block is bought. . i did have a home made one but it wasnt wide enough for some trim so i got that plastic one. strangle when the homemade one was too narrow for the trim i got similar results to the snips.

Reply to what is the best way to cut plastic trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen