Search the forum,

Discuss Wedi Boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Going to fix 6mm Wedi board on to my shower room floor, Query about screws, can u use turbo golds without washers to mechanically fix the floor.

S

Stewart

The screw head is too small to grip the board. Using washers is a must.....

Created on iPhone.....

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stef

Tight? Im Scottish, ha.
I saw on a post a while ago about someone fixing boards with turbo golds but never mentioned washers.

Dave, ive ripped up my full floor & must have added about 200m of wood, put down 18mm ply & overboard with 6mm wedi, the floor is totally deflection free, just spent 2 days doing it.

D

DHTiling

I would use washers though.. i use 9 per board on 10mm.. Marmox ( Boards i use) say 6 per board i recall right..

S

Stef

I would use washers though.. i use 9 per board on 10mm.. Marmox ( Boards i use) say 6 per board i recall right..

Where do you buy your screws & washers? i bought the wedi then looked at marmox on PHG, would have been cheaper through PHG but i was meant to tile a week ago so didnt think i could wait. having hassle with my shower etc so it probably wont get tiled now till next week.

D

DHTiling

You can get them from PHG.. he has just got some screws in today.. not on the web site but phone to enquire...

S

Stewart

I'm always overkill with screws and washers and usually put in 15. I know it's too much, but I can't help myself.
56b6d44a-bf86-1fda.jpg

Created on iPhone.....

Reply to Wedi Boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen